Ready to rock it out this Spring? From Authentic Beauty’s Spring 2013 Makeup Series, The Lyrical Lovelies, the Metal Glam look features metallic smoky eyes and subtle lips in pink and nude tones.
Strong brows and bold eyes with “Underlining” (the technique of having the liner under the eye more be more prominent than the top) were a huge hit at a host of fashion shows this Spring. At Gucci, the eyes smoldered. All the while smoky eyes took a new twist at Carolina Herrera. They were softened “as eye color followed the natural bone structure without completely transforming the eyes.”
When it came to the lips, things were au naturel at Dolce & Gabbana featuring a bare yet beautiful neutral lip. With these inspirations in mind, Authentic Beauty’s team of artists went to work to make these runway makeup trends wearable and real. Metal Glam is the perfect accoutrement to spice up your night. It wears incredibly well out on the town! But a word of caution: be prepared to steal the scene!
1. To get your skin prepped, good skin quality and proper hydration is a must before applying makeup. Since nature gives us everything we need to look and feel beautiful, Authentic Beauty recommends the organic Amala skin care line – ethically grown and powerfully pure with radiant skin being the payoff.
2. We keep things natural and non toxic by applying Authentic Beauty’s Magic 3 in 1 Foundation on the face with a Pointed Foundation Brush. As its name implies, the Magic 3 in 1 Foundation is a foundation for all over the face. It also works as a concealer. For areas of discoloration like redness, it also works to camouflage those areas. One product, multiple effects. You will also want to buff your face to create a smooth finish with a finishing powder brush or a Flat Topped Kabuki Brush. If you have any areas that tend to shine more than others, you can also add a little powder to the T-zone areas using your buffing brush to get rid of excess shine. With this look you will want your foundation to be medium to full coverage.
3. Next up, define your eyebrows by adding Wonder Brow brow color with an Angled Brow Brush. Strong brows were a huge hit this season and this product gives your brows more shape and color.
4. Then, add Authentic Beauty’s mineral powder (two shades darker than your normal skin tone) to add contour under your cheekbones. For the makeup novice, you can find your contour line by making a fish face. The line from your ear to your mouth is your contour line and adding powder to this line makes your cheekbones standout more. While the contouring is optional, it is imperative to use your buffing brush from step 2 to soften the dark line so that you are left with a shadow of the line. This shadow gives you a defined cheekbone look.
5. We applied a soft peachy blush to the apples of the cheeks to add a hint of color to the face. We recommend Soft Glo blush with hints of pink and peach to add a stunning glow to your cheeks.
6. Metal Glam is all about the eyes and we start by lining the top of the eye with a black pencil. Keep this line as thin as possible and diffuse it well with a squirrel precision blender #1a brush.
- Then apply 3 coats of Moondust eye shadow ( a gun metal, metallic colored eye shadow) using a small damp eye shadow brush across the lid and slightly above the crease.
- Using the Squirrel Precision Blender Brush, apply mineral powder (closest to your own skin tone) to the top of the brow bone in order to blend the edges of the eye shadow.
- On the lower lash line, we added the Moondust eye shadow all across the lower lash line in a thick line to emphasize the heavy underliner we saw so prevalently on the runways this Spring. We applied the eye shadow dry using a Detail Mini Chisel Fluff Brush. To get rid of any harsh lines, we again used the skin tone mineral powder on a Shade It & Fade It Brush and applied the powder to this area in order to blend the edges.
- Then, take a black pencil to your water line (inside the lower lash line) around your eyes to emphasize the smoky eye you are creating.
- Finally, add 2 coats of black mascara (we used Blinc Amplified Mascara) to your top and bottom lashes.
7. Top this look off with a pop of color added to your lips. From Authentic Beauty’s custom blended lipstick station, we crafted our very own pink and nude tone lip color to slightly jazz up the lips. A nude lip won’t compete with your standout smoky eyes! We suggest making your very own custom color that will be the perfect pinky-nude for you!
WANT TO TRY THE METAL GLAM LOOK FOR FREE?
Join Authentic Beauty for Champagne and Shadows, a complimentary event, that showcases our Spring makeup looks and the techniques you need to apply them. Join us on April 19th from 6-9 p.m. to try on one of the looks from our Spring collection The Lyrical Lovelies. Attendance is free!
This is your chance to try on one of our seasonal looks for free. Grab your friends and be our guest as you join us for champagne, light bites and complimentary makeup touchups! You can also learn how to create the Metal Glam look for yourself at this event! For more personalized attention with your own makeup artist, come in for a Seasonal Looks makeup application or a Seasonal Looks makeup lesson where you learn to achieve these looks on your own with the guidance of one of our talented and professionally trained makeup artists.
SPRING SPECIAL $40 for a Seasonal Looks makeup application & $50 for a private Seasonal Looks makeup lesson. Visit our website, or call Authentic Beauty at 404-849-0443 for an appointment. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.