Channel your inner mod with Authentic Beauty’s Spring 2013 Makeup look British Invasion featuring a crease cut eye, a strong brow, lush lashes and an understated nude lip. Inspired by the likes of Edie Sedgwick, designer Marc Jacobs kept his models’ eyes graphic and bold on the Spring runways. To make this runway look wearable, Authentic Beauty’s talented team of makeup artists shine the spotlight on your eyes framed with clean graphic lines in natural hues of brown, black and white. Are you ready to be the ‘it’ girl this Spring?
1. We start with even, natural looking skin by applying Authentic Beauty’s natural and nontoxic Magic 3-in-1 Foundation using a Pointed Foundation Brush. For more even looking skin, buff your skin all over with a Finishing Powder Brush.
2. Using a Flat Top Foundation Brush, apply a contour color under your cheekbones with a skin tone powder that is two shades darker than your own skin color. Apply this contour color just underneath your cheekbone (you can make a fish-face to see exactly where to put the contour!). And to ensure your contour is subtle, take your Finishing Powder Brush and softly buff where you added the contour powder to create a more blended look.
3. For a defined, face-framing brow, fill in your brows with Wonderbrow brow color using an Angle Brow Brush.
4. The most fun part of this look is the eyes and we start by applying a matte, flesh tone powder or eyeshadow like Bisque all over the eyelid and up to the eyebrow using a large fluffy eye brush like the Chisel Double Shader Brush or the A Design All Over Eye Brush.
- Next, using a contour eyeshadow brush like the ADesign Pointed Crease Brush, apply 2 coats of matte medium brown eyeshadow (we suggest Bark or Truffle) slightly above the crease.
- Then, apply 2 coats of flat white eyeshadow to your eyelid using a dense medium eyeshadow brush like the ADesign Eye #1 brush.
- The finishing touch for this look is the graphic eyeliner. For the eyeliner look, start with a white pencil and line the waterline (the inner rim of the lower lashline) all the way into the outer corner of your eye. Next, mix Black Onyx eyeshadow, a flat black color, with the Eyeliner Sealer liquid to create a liquid liner and apply that using a precise eyeliner brush like the Taklon Definer Brush. Lay the brush flat against your upper lashline and draw a thick black line with a little winged extension at the end. You can choose to soften this line or leave it as is for a more intense fashion forward effect.
- On the lower lashline, carefully line your lower lashline with the same black eyeshadow using a dry liner brush with a precise tip like the Detail Mini Chisel Fluff brush. Watch out for fallout eyeshadow! An easy preventative measure is to hold a tissue on your cheek below the eye while you complete this step and be sure to tap the excess product from the brush
5. Top this look off with “Get Lippy Pink” lip gloss from Authentic Beauty’s ready to wear collection.
WANT TO TRY THE BRITISH INVASION MAKEUP LOOK FOR FREE?
Join Authentic Beauty for Champagne and Shadows, a complimentary event, that showcases our Spring makeup looks and the techniques you need to apply them. Join us on April 19th from 6-9 p.m. to try on one of the looks from our Spring collection The Lyrical Lovelies. This is your chance to try on one of our seasonal looks for free. So, grab your friends and be our guest as you join us for champagne, light bites and complimentary makeup touchups!
SPRING SPECIAL $40 for a Seasonal Looks makeup application & $50 for a private Seasonal Looks makeup lesson. Visit our website, or call Authentic Beauty at 404-849-0443 for an appointment. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.