FROM RUNWAY TO REALITY
On the runways and in the makeup, playful pastels reigned supreme. Things were gorgeously green and absolutely blue-tiful at Stella McCartney where striking hues of blue and green were applied to the eyes. Warm orange was a signature Pantone color that wears well on most skin tones. Translated on the lips, the lips were playful and natural at Dolce & Gabbana.
Authentic Beauty’s talented team of makeup artists analyzed the above trends and a wearable new makeup look was born! Lady Sings the Blues from Authentic Beauty’s Spring 2013 Makeup Series, The Lyrical Lovelies, features soft aqua blue eyes and lustrous peachy coral lips. Look bright, beachy and beautiful in this look that transitions seamlessly from Spring to Summer.
THE LADY SINGS THE BLUES: HOW TO CAPTURE THIS LOOK
1. Start with even, natural looking skin by applying Authentic Beauty’s non toxic Magic 3-in-1 Foundation using a Pointed Foundation Brush. For a smooth and flawless finish, be sure to buff your skin using a Finishing Powder Brush.
2. Then, add a warm blush (like Soft Glo) to the apples of your cheeks using an Angle Cheek Brush.
3. Define your eyebrows with Wonderbrow brow color with an Angle Brow Brush. Thick brows were big on the Spring runways so carefully emphasize them around the top edge of your natural brows. Be sure to stay close to the natural brow line so your brows only look barely thicker than they really are.
4. On the eyes, start by adding a flesh tone powder all over using a wide soft brush like the Squirrel Precision Blender Brush to ensure smooth application of other colors. For this look, you can use a fun aqua color that either comes in a matte or a shimmer. We used Aquamarine eye shadow on a Chisel Deluxe Fluff brush applied to the lid. For a more intense color, add 2-3 coats of the shadow. Or for sparkle, add a layer from the Shimmer Pot in Serenity or Aqua Ice. Finish the eyes with 2 coats of black Blinc mascara.
5. Add a beachy, peachy color to the lips. We recommend Champs Elysee gloss or try out our custom created color lipstick that is sheer and delicious and made just for this look!
WANT TO TRY THE LADY SINGS THE BLUES LOOK FOR FREE?
Join Authentic Beauty for Champagne and Shadows, a complimentary event, that showcases our Spring makeup looks and the techniques you need to apply them. Join us on April 19th from 6-9 p.m. to try on one of the looks from our Spring collection The Lyrical Lovelies. Attendance is free!
This is your chance to try on one of our seasonal looks for free. So, grab your friends and be our guest as you join us for champagne, light bites and complimentary makeup touchups! For more personalized attention with your own makeup artist, come in for a Seasonal Looks makeup application or a Seasonal Looks makeup lesson where you learn to achieve these looks on your own with the guidance of one of our talented and professionally trained makeup artists.
$40 for a Seasonal Looks makeup application & $50 for a private Seasonal Looks makeup lesson. Visit our website, or call Authentic Beauty at 404-849-0443 for an appointment. You can also email us at email@example.com.