Jason Wu, Gucci, Altuzarra, and Thakoon all showcased a colorful smoky eye on the fall runways. And on the eyes and lids, makeup artists used a bevy of unexpected colors including burgundy and a lovely purple hue at Nanette Lepore.
Inspired by fashion, Authentic Beauty’s talented team of makeup artists got to work and created a more wearable version of the above trends. We fell in love with a deep burgundy for this look. It is unexpected and surprisingly understated, as compared with the standard black and silver smoky eye that we traditionally see for fall and throughout the holidays.
Lady Louvre, from Authentic Beauty’s Fall 2013 Makeup Series, From Paris With Love, is inspired by the Louvre’s awe inspiring art. With this makeup look, put yourself on display with an artistic, metallic burgundy eye that wows!
How to create the Lady Louvre Makeup Look
1. To begin, apply a luminous, lightweight, fresh foundation (like Authentic Beauty’s very own, safe and non-toxic, Magic 3-in-1 Foundation which is a concealer, camouflage, and a foundation in one) using the Finishing Powder Brush. Achieve moderate-to-full coverage with the Pointed Foundation Brush.
2. A neutral, warm blush or soft bronzer is next. We used Arizona blush on our model on our favorite Angle Cheek Brush.
3. The eyes are next but don’t let this eye look intimidate you; the finished product will be incredibly wearable. Begin with our Wine pencil smudged along the upper lashline and lower lid using the Squirrel Precision Blender #1A Brush to smudge the pencil.
- Next, apply 3 coats of a Mauve Shimmer, a neutral, medium toned mauve shadow, using the Eye #1 Brush on the eyelid.
- Use a Smudge It and Smoke It Brush with a dark burgundy shadow on the crease. To intensify the color, we like to dampen the brush first with a couple spritzes of water and then put it in the eyeshadow and apply 2-3 coats of Black Cherry shadow.
- Highlight and blend the edges of the crease with a flesh-tone mineral powder on a Mini Squirrel Crease Brush or an All Over Eye Brush.
- On the lower lashline, we used a mix of Iris (a dark plum color) with Exotica (a fun, bright purple) on the Squirrel Precision Blender #1A Brush.
4. Finish this look with a simple sheer shimmery lip gloss. Premiere Gloss is our go-to non-color gloss that wears incredibly well on most skin tones.
* The makeup and brushes mentioned above are all available at Authentic Beauty Makeup Salon & Studio or online at www.myimagejourney.com
Ready to Update Your Fall Makeup & Get A Free Makeover?
Join Authentic Beauty for Champagne and Shadows, a complimentary event, that showcases all 4 of our fall makeup looks and the techniques you need to apply them. Join us October 11th from 6-9 p.m. to try on one of the looks from Authentic Beauty’s Fall 2013 Makeup Series, From Paris With Love.
Grab your friends and be our guest as you join us for champagne, light bites, complimentary makeup touchups & learn the techniques to apply the makeup yourself at home.
For more personalized attention with your own makeup artist, come in for a makeup lesson, or get a makeup application with one of our talented and professionally trained makeup artists.
Even Better? Check Out Our Fall Specials!
$40 for a Seasonal Looks makeup application and $50 for a private Seasonal Looks makeup lesson
Visit our website, call Authentic Beauty Salon and Studio at 404-849-0443 for an appointment or come see us at the studio located at 4674 Roswell Rd. Atlanta, GA 30342. You can also book your appointment online here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org