At Authentic Beauty, we have a passion for fashion, and what is trending on the catwalks each season. Our professional makeup artists study what the top designers and makeup artists are presenting on the most famous of runways. Then, our expert makeup instructors translate that into wearable makeup and teach you the techniques and tools you need to achieve the most eye catching looks each and every season.
Act Courageous is our second Seasonal Look we are featuring from our spring makeup campaign, SPRING INTO ACTION, celebrating Real Women and Real Beauty and the characteristics that make women so incredible. This look was inspired by the work seen on the runways at John Galliano, Prabal Gurung, DKNY, Fendi and MSGM, among others, who featured a bright and exciting new lip color. The bright orange lip is surprisingly wearable and is a modern twist on the classic red look. Our client Amy was a perfect model for this look.
A MAKEUP TUTORIAL: HOW TO ACHIEVE THIS LOOK
1) Makeup artist Rosie Gillespie started by applying a lightweight foundation, like Authentic Beauty’s own safe and non toxic Magic 3-in-1 Foundation, for a fresh, flawless complexion. We used the flat top foundation brush for medium to full coverage.
2)Next, apply a face powder half a shade darker than your complexion under the cheekbones to create a clean contour, followed by a warm blush, like Ginger, on the apples of the cheeks. The chisel blush brush is perfect for this.
3)The eyes are kept warm, but neutral. To do this:
- Apply a flesh colored powder to the lid using the Eye #1 brush.
- Using a Mini Squirrel Crease brush, apply a Gold or Sandalwood shadow to the crease.
- Highlight and blend the edges of the crease with a light peach based shadow, like Barely Peach, on an All Over Eye Brush.
- Using a Taklon Liner brush, carefully line the upper lashline with a mixture of eyeliner sealer and black onyx shadow. The liner can be brought out at the corners of the eyes to create a “winged” look.
- A white eyeliner pencil is used in the waterline to really brighten the eyes.
- Complete eyes with two coats of black mascara.
4) Now, this look is all about the lip. To achieve the perfect orange pout, line and gently fill the lips with a bright orange lip pencil, like Solar. Follow this with a coat of a bright orange lipstick, like Authentic Beauty’s custom made Spring Orange lipstick. We make our own lip glosses and lipsticks right at the studio and customized entirely for you and your complexion.
A FREE MAKEUP TOUCHUP & SPRING LOOKS MAKEUP SPECIALS
Want to learn how to create this look from our professional makeup experts? Then come join Authentic Beauty for Champagne & Shadows, a complimentary event, that showcases our Spring Makeup Collection: Spring Into Action and the makeup techniques you need to apply them. Join us on April 18th from 6-9 p.m. to try on one of the looks from this season’s makeup collection. Attendance is free!
For more personalized attention, pay just $40 and get a Seasonal Looks makeup application or pay $50 for your private Seasonal Looks makeup lesson. Or attend our Spring Trends Makeup Class on March 26th from 7 to 9 pm where you can learn how to achieve our Spring Makeup Looks in a fun group environment. Visit our website, or call Authentic Beauty at 404-849-0443 for an appointment. You can also email us at email@example.com.