- 1 in 6 people will be the victim of a violent attack in their lifetime
- 1 in 6 women will be the victim of a sexual attack in their lifetime
- 38% of women who have been raped were ages 14-17
- 95% of all violent struggles end up with one or both people on the ground
Join Authentic Beauty and Christine Eisner of Comfort Living on Sunday, August 25th from 2:00-5:30 p.m. for a special self defense workshop at West Coast Workout (107 West Paces Ferry Road)
Hosted by lifestyle consultant and author Christine Eisner and Tammy Stokes, founder of West Coast Workout, this self-defense workshop will be presentd by Steve and Peggy Brown, self-defense professionals since 1989 who have taught individuals, organizations and businesses, including Atlanta Children’s Group, Camp Sunshine, Coca Cola, Cox Enterprises and AT&T.
This self defense and personal safety tools class will focus on practical, workable tools for women and girls. Based on Gracie Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, a form of martial arts that uses leverage techniques to neutralize a bigger person, the bottom line is you will learn the tools and keys to prevention and survival — by defending and escaping, rather than fighting.
You will learn the basics of Empowerment and Survival including:
• The most likely attacks, defenses and escapes
• The most likely locations for attacks based on current crime trends
• Personal preventative strategies and safety tips
• Leverage techniques to neutralize attackers of larger size, age difference or greater athletic ability
This is the perfect class for women and girls ages 12 to 92 years old. Come join Authentic Beauty on Sunday, August 25th from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. at West Coast Workout (107 West Paces Ferry Road) for this special self defense class.
To reserve your place, please email [email protected]. The class is $65 per person / $55 for a family member who joins you & $10 per person will be donated to the Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Power and Potential,
Any questions call Peggy Brown at 404-245-2210 or email Christine Eisner at [email protected]