Authentic Beauty Makeup Salon & Studio, voted best of brows 4 years in a row by Allure Magazine & Best of What’s New in 2009 and best makeup artist by Jezebel Magazine in 2010, is celebrating its fifth anniversary with a nighttime bash on Saturday, November 9th from 7- 9 p.m. at the studio located at 4674 Roswell Rd. Atlanta, GA 30342.
Party goers will enjoy complimentary champagne, light bites and chocolate by Chocolate Extravagance to celebrate Authentic Beauty’s five years of making women look and feel gorgeous. Then, the party continues at Three Sheets from 10 p.m. to midnight with food and drink specials for attendees.
“Authentic Beauty was born from the idea that inner beauty, self-acceptance and learning how to express one’s Authentic Self creates outer beauty,” said Alyson Howard-Hoag, CEO and founder of Authentic Beauty. “After five years of making women look and feel gorgeous, my passion of helping women and girls love what they see when they look in the mirror is even stronger!”
5 Year Achievements/Highlights from Authentic Beauty:
- Authentic Beauty launches its very own, safe and non-toxic makeup line, The Magic 3 in 1 Foundation ( a luminous, lightweight, fresh foundation that acts as a concealer, camouflage, and a foundation in one.)
- Voted Best of Brows 4 years in a row by Allure Magazine
- Launches their very own custom blended lipstick and lipgloss station made onsite at the studio
- Authentic Beauty creates a custom blended lipstick called Eve made onsite for Eve Ensler, an American playwright and activist, best known for her play The Vagina Monologues
- Went from 1 makeup artist and 300 clients in 2008 to 13 artists and 2000+ clients in 2013
- Was featured in the following publications: Jezebel Magazine, Best Self Magazine, Simply Buckhead, Eide Magazine, Points North Magazine, The Piedmont Review, The Sunday Paper, Northside Neighbor, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Weddings, The Atlantan, Atlantan Bride, Skirt, Little Black Dress, Atlanta Woman’s Magazine, Business to Business Magazine, Southern Seasons Magazine, and featured on Fox, CBS, Q100, & Star 94
- Donated and worked with the following charities: SEGO (South Eastern Gynecological Oncology), CURE Childhood Cancer, Bert’s Big Adventure, Pure Fashion, V-Day, Captain Planet, Pink Ribbons, Teal to Heal, EDIN and the Celebrity Dance Challenge, Covergirl Nikki Taylor and the American Red Cross, as well as providing Inner Beauty Workshops for teens in the Atlanta area through their nonprofit initiative, Project Authentic Beauty
Founded in November 2008 when the economy was tanking, Alyson Howard-Hoag opened her small makeup studio in Sandy Springs with a dream to transform the beauty industry one woman a time. She envisioned a safe, fun place for women to learn how to apply makeup as well as have their makeup done by makeup professionals rather than department store “sales associates.”
Today, Authentic Beauty is a full service makeup salon and hair studio complete with makeup artists, hair designers, estheticians, lash stylists, organic spray tan specialists, a brow guru, and their very own safe and non-toxic makeup line!
Aly and her creative team of makeup and beauty experts aim to empower women and help clients become clear about their personal preferences, and their authentic style. Then, through makeup applications, lessons, parties and one-on-one self discovery sessions, they teach clients how to express their Authentic Image while acquiring simple and refined makeup techniques that take the mystery out of makeup application.
To RSVP to Authentic Beauty’s 5 Year Anniversary Party on Saturday, November 9th from 7-9 p.m., email us at [email protected]. Authentic Beauty Salon & Studio is located at 4674 Roswell Rd. Atlanta, GA 30342.