SIMPLY CLASSICAL Simply Classical, a new makeup look from Authentic Beauty’s Spring 2013 Makeup Series, The Lyrical Lovelies, is timeless, feminine, and au naturel. Get glowing with clean, natural looking skin while your lips are set off with a hint of color in a crafted blend of pink and red from Authentic Beauty’s very own custom lipstick color station. INSPIRED BY FASHION On the Spring runways, glowing skin was a big hit at Dolce & Gabbana. And we saw traditional colors get reinvented. The biggest lip trend included a new take on red in the form of fuchsia. From Oscar de la Renta and Missoni, we saw fuchsia applied to the lips resulting in a standout pout! With these inspirations in mind, Authentic Beauty’s team of artists went to work to make these runway makeup trends wearable and real. Simply Classical is a 24 hour look suitable for every occasion: at work, on the town and on the red carpet. HOW TO ACHIEVE THE SIMPLY CLASSICAL MAKEUP LOOK
1. For glowing, natural looking skin, we start by applying Authentic Beauty’s natural and non toxic Magic 3-in-1 Foundation with a Pointed Foundation Brush. Then, buff your face with a Finishing Powder Brush or a Flat Topped Kabuki Brush for a smooth and flawless finish.
2. Next, add a soft blush to the apples of your cheeks using an Angle Cheek Brush. For fairer skin tones, we suggest Shy Blush.
3. Define the eyebrows with Wonderbrow brow color using an Angle Brow Brush.
4. On the eyes, apply a natural color like Barely Peach eyeshadow all over the lid with a Chisel Double Shader Brush. Highlight the browbone with a soft shimmery neutral color such as Cosmic Latte or Breathless on a Shade It & Fade It Brush. • Define the upper lash line. To do this, we made a liquid liner by mixing a flat black eyeshadow such as Black Onyx with the Eyeliner Sealer liquid, and applied that as close to the upper lash line as possible using a thin precision brush. We suggest our Taklon Definer Brush. • On the lower lashline, use a white eye pencil inside the waterline. This will make your eyes appear wider and brighter. • Finish the eyes with 2 coats of black Blinc Amplified mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
5. The finishing touch for this clean, classic look is a bright springtime pink red on the lips. Start with a pink yet natural toned pencil like Soft Pink: line and fill in the lips to hold the gloss on longer. Next, use a fun fuchsia inspired gloss or lipstick all over your lips. To make this look more wearable, we created our own custom color for the season with Authentic Beauty’s Custom Lip Color Station!
WANT TO TRY THE SIMPLY CLASSICAL MAKEUP LOOK FOR FREE?
Join Authentic Beauty for Champagne and Shadows, a complimentary event, that showcases our Spring makeup looks and the techniques you need to apply them. Join us on April 19th from 6-9 p.m. to try on one of the looks from our Spring collection The Lyrical Lovelies. This is your chance to try on one of our seasonal looks for free. So, grab your friends and be our guest as you join us for champagne, light bites and complimentary makeup touchups!
$40 for a Seasonal Looks makeup application & $50 for a private Seasonal Looks makeup lesson. Visit our website, or call Authentic Beauty at 404-849-0443 for an appointment. You can also email us at [email protected].