Alyson Howard-Hoag, Authentic Beauty’s CEO and founder, has made it her life mission to put a stop to the negative pressure on women and girls when it comes to beauty and self image. Here’s why. Only 4% of women worldwide consider themselves beautiful. In a 2011 study by Dove®, the largest global study ever on a woman’s relationship with beauty:
• Only 11% of girls globally are comfortable using the word beautiful to describe themselves
• 72% of girls feel tremendous pressure to be beautiful
• 80% of women do not see their own beauty
Alyson created the Image Journey, an interactive journey and 135 minute one on one makeup session, to help a woman LOVE what she sees when she looks in the mirror.
“Rather than tell a woman what she should look like, assign her random trends and fads, or focus on the unrealistic and often damaging standards of beauty in our world, at Authentic Beauty, we believe a woman’s image should be a reflection of her Authentic Self,” said Alyson. “I created the Image Journey, our signature service, so that women of all ages could discover and learn how to express her Authentic Image through makeup.”
Ready to get inspired, to embrace who you are right where you are and love what you see when you look in the mirror? Then mark your calendars for Friday, June 7th from 12 to 3 p.m. as Alyson gives the keynote address at this year’s Women Delivering Excellence Symposium, a global initiative that inspires professional women and champions girls’ self- esteem.
Put on by Chloe Taylor Brown, The Women Delivering Excellence Symposium is a provocative and thought provoking experience for women that will leave you excited, transformed and inspired! It takes place on June 7th 2013 at the MELIÃ Hotel Atlanta located at 590 West Peachtree Street NW in Atlanta!
Learn about character development and attributes that will make you more successful in your business, in your home, and in your relationships. Learn how to act upon and execute your dreams of making a difference in your own life, in your local community, and the world. Also, learn about the Global Girl-Swag curriculum for women and girls and how your organization can support and champion young women and girls.
The event is being led by a diverse, savvy group of distinguished guest speakers including:
- Alyson Howard-Hoag, CEO and Founder of Authentic Beauty
- Aurea McGarry, Emmy Winning TV Show Host and Founder of Live Your Legacy Summit
- Kari Wells, Bravo TV Personality and Businesswoman
- Dionne Saunders, Distinguished Toastmasters International Leader
- Nikki Noto, Director of V-Day’s One Billion Rising Atlanta and Campaign Manager for V-Girls
- Dr. Lorie Johnson, OB-GYN and President of Just For You Women’s Healthcare
- Christina Marie Foster, Original Girl-Swag Graduate, Current Girl-Swag Leader, Mentor and Spokesperson.
The Women Delivering Excellence registration fee is $69 and includes a plated lunch, a Girl-Swag bag of goodies, inspiration and empowerment, along with professional leaders, networking and relationship building opportunities. To reserve space for you and your group, visit www.ChloeTaylorBrown.com/EVENTS