At Authentic Beauty Makeup Salon & Brow Studio, we take brows very seriously because brows are the single most defining feature that frames your entire face. That’s why we say Brows First and why we have created our very own cosmetics line, Genuist Beauty, with some incredible brow products, including the Roller Brow with brow enhancing serum and the Roller Brow Defining Pen, so all your best features shine through.
If you ignore your brows? All the enhancements you do and the makeup you apply and wear are going to waste.
As one of the only ‘tweeze only’ brow studios in Atlanta with the world-renowned brow guru, Alyson Howard Hoag, at the helm and a talented team of brow experts, one of our top priorities is to get your brows on a growth cycle again and get your natural and authentic brow shape back.
One of the first things we do for our clients is to help them find their natural brow shape again and we educate clients on ways they can nurture their brows at home and then come into the studio for our award-winning Brow Rehab process and our Brow Arch service that gets your brows into tip top shape over time.
Voted by thousands of people for Best Brows Atlanta 2023 by Best Self Atlanta Magazine and voted best brows consecutively for years prior, here are the top 10 brow tips to growing your brows back from the brow protector, Alyson Howard-Hoag.
- Start the Brow Rehab Journey with Authentic Beauty (only available for clients in Atlanta). The Brow Rehab Journey allows your brows to get on a growth cycle with an appointment every 4 to 6 weeks. This tweeze-only method “wakes up” damaged brow hair follicles from previous damage caused by waxing and threading. Learn more about Brow Rehab here.
- Have patience in the process, the brow hair growth cycle takes time. Brows grow on a four-to-six-week cycle. So, do not touch one hair for a minimum of 30 days. That’s because brow growth shuts down after 6 weeks. Then, you must clean up the brows slowly.
- Using Aly’s Mow it to Grow it philosophy, if you wanted a beautiful lawn, you wouldn’t let it grow without mowing for 6 months. In terms of brows, you do not want your brows to go unattended for 6 months either. You need to get your brows on a growth cycle and get the brow hair growing all at the same time. Coming into the studio for brow appointments routinely will keep your brow game strong. Watch this video to learn more about the brow hair cycle here.
- Avoid overplucking. While it is Brow 101 to not wax your brows, it is also important to note that overplucking can also damage the hair follicles and make it difficult for your eyebrows to grow back on a cycle. Only remove obvious, stray brow hairs but ideally do not touch your brows during your Brow Rehab process.
- Condition and nourish your brows. Sadly, most people are not treating their brow hair like they do the hair on their head. Get the best brows with simple, at-home maintenance by using castor oil. And keep an eye out for the next Genuist Beauty launch that will be all about conditioning and nourishing brows with exfoliants, masks and conditioners. Sign up for the newsletter here to have first access to these revolutionary products.
- Get plenty of rest. We all know that healing happens when you are giving your body the rest it needs. If possible, the goal is to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep in order for your body to recharge and promote cellular function.
- Healthy body, healthy brows? We cannot stress enough the importance of fueling your body properly, and a balanced diet will give your skin the nutrients it needs to be healthy, and thus promote healthy hair growth. Also, proper hydration is integral.
- Reduce stress. According to some medical studies, stress can be a factor contributing to hair loss. That’s why having a routine of exercise, walking, stretching, weight training, and mindfulness meditation are important.
- Use Genuist Beauty’s Roller Brow with brow enhancing serum to take your eyebrows to the next level. The Roller Brow combines the power of skin needling with a power-packed, effective, brow enhancing serum made with natural ingredients that stimulates the hair growth cycle. With routine use (three to four times a week), the Roller Brow addresses brow hair damage through this groundbreaking brow microneedling tool and serum in one. Get it here.
- Finally, stay away from the magnifying mirror while growing your brows back. Your brow hairs may be growing in but they may be lighter and not detectable at first. Have no fear. Genuist Beauty’s Roller Brow Defining Pen comes in a host of shades, is easy to apply, and fills in your brows with color while the hairs are growing back. They will look natural and amazing while you are in the growth process. Watch this reel here to learn how to use the Roller Brow Defining Pen.
To book an appointment to begin your Brow Rehab journey in Atlanta, visit us online here or call the studio at 404-849-0443.
About our Beauty Philosophy at Authentic Beauty/Genuist Beauty: Education is a top priority for us and we believe in uplifting standards of beauty with a clean conscience. That means we take a stand against toxic and harmful standards of beauty that say you are not enough. You are more than enough. You are authentically you and our goal is to help you look as good on the outside as we know you are on the inside. We also believe that the products we sell should live up to their hype, have clean ingredients, and be housed in sustainable packaging whenever possible and to provide a way to recycle the packaging so you can feel good about what you purchase, what you wear, and how it is disposed of. Learn more here.