On the fall runways this year, a punk-inspired look with a dominant smoky eye was seen at Marc Jacobs, Roberto Cavalli, Rebecca Taylor, and Saint Laurent. Inspired by fashion, Authentic Beauty’s talented team of makeup artists got to work and created a wearable version of the above trends.
Champs–Elysees Chic, from Authentic Beauty’s Fall 2013 Makeup Series, From Paris With Love, is reminiscent of the fashion epicenter of Paris and the most beautiful avenue in the world. This makeup look features a gorgeously gray, smoky eye with a khaki-green base that wears beautifully day or night! She’s Pretty in Punk.
How to create the Champs–Elysees Chic Makeup Look:
1. To begin, apply a fresh foundation (like Authentic Beauty’s very own, safe and non-toxic, Magic 3-in-1 Foundation which is a concealer, camouflage, and a foundation in one) or use your own liquid foundation. This look requires a bit more foundation.
2. To the apples of your cheeks, apply a bronze, neutral blush (for fair skin tones, try Arizona; warmer skin tones will look great in Copper Haze) topped with a little bit of pink and blend that with the Finishing Powder Brush for a soft finish.
3. Fill in your brows with a natural-looking brow filler like Wonderbrow, an incredible brow gel that comes in a variety of colors. As you intensify this look, apply a darker color than usual in order to achieve the full effect.
4. To your eyes, you will begin with eye pencils and apply a base of Granite and Brown Pencils. Apply the granite first all over the lid and then the brown pencil 2nd along the lashline only. And color in heavily on the eyelid and blend upwards with a Smudge It and Smoke It brush. This will create a base for your eyeshadow to grip onto.
- Apply a medium to dark gray eyeshadow across your eyelid all the way into the crease (for a more intense effect, bring the color slightly above the crease.) Try Pepper, Putty or Stargaze on the medium-sized, dense Eye #1 or Chisel Deluxe Fluff brush.
- Blend the edges with a soft taupe like Cameo on a Smudge It and Smoke It brush and highlight with a flesh-tone mineral powder using the All Over Eye brush.
- Next, line the waterline with a white pencil.
- Use Black Onyx shadow with Eyeliner Sealer liquid to softly line the upper lashline with a tiny eyeliner brush like the Detail Mini Chisel Fluff brush or the Taklon Definer brush.
- Mix Stargaze with Black Onyx on a tiny blending brush and smudge onto the upper and the lower lash line. We love the Squirrel Precision Blender #1A brush for this soft and smudgey liner look.
- Finish the eyes with a generous helping of mascara. Blinc Amplified mascara is gentle on the lashes while creating a lush, lengthy look.
5.The nude lip helps keep this smoky eye from being too dramatic. Line the lips with a brownish-nude pencil like Sand or Perfect Pencil. Then, apply the Raisin Stain and finish with Authentic Beauty’s custom-made Nude #3 lipstick and be prepared to turn heads!
(All the makeup and brushes mentioned above are available at Authentic Beauty Salon & Studio located at 4674 Roswell Rd. Atlanta, GA 30342 or online at www.myimagejourney.com)
Ready to Update Your Fall Makeup & Get A Free Makeover?
Join Authentic Beauty for Champagne and Shadows, a complimentary event, that showcases all 4 of our fall makeup looks and the techniques you need to apply them. Join us October 11th from 6-9 p.m. to try on one of the looks from Authentic Beauty’s Fall 2013 Makeup Series, From Paris With Love.
Grab your friends and be our guest as you join us for champagne, light bites, complimentary makeup touchups & learn the techniques to apply the makeup yourself at home.
For more personalized attention with your own makeup artist, come in for a makeup lesson, or get a makeup application with one of our talented and professionally trained makeup artists.
Even Better? Check Out Our Fall Specials!
$40 for a Seasonal Looks makeup application and $50 for a private Seasonal Looks makeup lesson.
Visit our website, call Authentic Beauty Salon and Studio at 404-849-0443 for an appointment or come see us at the studio located at 4674 Roswell Rd. Atlanta, GA 30342. You can also book your appointment online here or email us at [email protected].