THE VERSAILLES VIXEN
On the Fall runways this year, red reigned supreme. Lips were red and glossy at Marc Jacobs, wine-hued at Louis Vuitton, bold with Zac Posen and classic red at Luisa Beccaria. Inspired by fashion, Authentic Beauty’s talented team of makeup artists got to work and created a wearable version of the above trends.
Versailles Vixen, from Authentic Beauty’s Fall 2013 Makeup Series, From Paris With Love, embodies the gorgeous colors brimming from the gardens of Versailles. This look will have you feeling like royalty ready for the Fall with a bold, couture, crimson red lip with whimsical gold accents on your eye.
HOW TO CREATE THE VERSAILLES VIXEN MAKEUP LOOK
1. To begin, apply a matte, fresh foundation (like Authentic Beauty’s very own safe and non toxic Magic 3-in-1 Foundation which is a concealer, a camouflager and a foundation in one) or use your own liquid foundation.
- For medium-to-full coverage, use foundation on a Pointed Foundation Brush or a Flat Foundation Brush. To remove any excess shine, apply a mineral powder on top of your foundation.
- The Finishing Powder Brush works as a great blending tool and is perfect for applying your mineral powder.
2. A neutral blush is next. We loved Violet Rose using the Angle Cheek Blush Brush which allows you to easily sweep a light coat of blush on.
3. On the eyes, we started with a soft layer of brown pencil on the upper lash line that we smudged out using the Squirrel Precision Blender #1A Brush.
- Next, apply a medium brown shimmery eyeshadow like Galaxy on the eyelid with a dense shadow brush. We used the Chisel Deluxe Fluff Brush.
- Blend the edges of the eyeshadow with a flesh toned mineral powder using a fluffy Mini Squirrel Crease Brush, and highlight the upper lid with a loose eyeshadow like yellow/ gold sheer Shimmer Pot in Spark. The All Over Eye Brush is perfect for this.
- We finished the eyes by lining the lower lash line with a brown pencil topped off with Spark Shimmer Pot using the Squirrel Precision Blender #1A Brush. And then applied black mascara as the final touch.
4. The lips are the real standout here! We created our very own custom blended chocolate red lipstick named Eve after the famous Eve Ensler, an American playwright, performer, and activist best known for her play The Vagina Monologues!
- Begin by lining and filling in the lips lightly with the Chocolate or Expresso lip pencil and then sweep the Eve lipstick across your lips. Finish the lips with a touch of shimmery gloss. We used Show Stopper to create that extra bit of impact!
*All the makeup and brushes listed in the above steps are available for purchase at Authentic Beauty Salon and Studio and online at www.myimagejourney.com.
READY TO UPDATE YOUR FALL LOOK?
Join Authentic Beauty for Champagne and Shadows, a complimentary event, that showcases all 4 of our FALL makeup looks and the techniques you need to apply them. Join us September 13th and October 11th from 6-9 p.m. to try on one of the looks from our Fall makeup series: From Paris With Love.
Attendance is free! So grab your friends and be our guest as you join us for champagne, complimentary makeup touchups, and light bites that are sure to delight your palette! For more personalized attention with your own makeup artist, come in for a makeup update, a Fall Makeup Application, or a Fall Trends Class with one of our talented and professionally trained makeup artists.
$40 for a Seasonal Looks makeup application and $50 for a private Seasonal Looks makeup lesson. Visit our website, or call Authentic Beauty Salon and Studio at 404-849-0443 for an appointment. You can also book your appointment online here or email us at [email protected].