You’ve probably heard Alyson Howard-Hoag, Authentic Beauty’s CEO & Founder, say that if your eyes are the windows to your soul then your eyebrows are the curtains. Your eyebrows and their shape are the single most important feature of your face that frames your eyes, and defines your features. That’s why it is integral to first care for your brows by getting them on a growth cycle through our award-winning Brow Rehab process and the Brow Arch service. It is equally important to treat the brow hairs right with natural and effective products that position your brows for optimal health.
- Balance: We fill in the brows to create balance in the brow area particularly in areas where brows do not grow naturally. That typically happens at the front and end (or tail) of the brow area.
- Restructure the arch: We also sometimes have to fill in the brows when the arch of your brows has been misplaced. This often happens due to brow blunders through over waxing, threading or tweezing. It can also happen when a brow trend you tried goes array or because a person tried to do their brows without a brow professional who is trained in the art of brow shaping which is only achieved through mastery in tweezing.
- Create Balance and Symmetry: We fill in the brows when your brows aren’t naturally shaped to give your brow correct balance or when you are wearing more makeup in order to create symmetry with your makeup look. If your brows seem to disappear when you wear more makeup, filling in your brows creates that needed depth, balance and symmetry with your makeup.
- Opens up your eyes
- Accentuates your face shape
- Appear more polished and refreshed
- Adds contrast to your features
*All the makeup you wear and enhancements you do to your face get lost when your brows are not defined. Filling in your brows makes all that effort you’ve put into your face through makeup and enhancements stand out and shine even more.
- Brow Conditioner (coming in December)
- Brow Primer (coming in December)
- Roller Brow Defining Pen (that has a spoolie brush attached to it)
- Optional Brow Ink or Brow Tint with Fibers (for level 2 or 3 makeup looks or for barely there brows)
- Roller Brow (a brow derma roller with brow enhancing serum)
*We created a brow bundle just for the ease of this process called the Beautiful Brow Bundle by Genuist Beauty. Overall, these products will give your brows strength, conditioning, and fortification. Sign up for Genuist Beauty’s newsletter to stay up to date on our latest product launches.
(Watch the video tutorial here)
- After washing your face in the morning, we apply Genuist Beauty’s Brow Conditioner (coming during our 15th anniversary holiday party and big sales event on December 9th) that we brush through the brows to condition and stimulate the brows. Aly uses this brow conditioner every morning.
- Then, we add Brow Primer ( also coming December 9th) to your brows to set your brows in place, to reveal any gaps in the brow area, to fluff up your brows, for brow texturizing, and for more full and natural-looking brows.
- Then, take your Roller Brow Defining Pen (be sure to shake the Roller Brow Defining Pen, and draw on a paper towel to get the product flowing through the ballpoint tip of the pen) and with light strokes, fill in the brows in the direction your brow hairs grow. Even naturally, there might be gaps or curl patterns that make your brows look sparse.
Look for skin emerging between the hairs and apply the stain to those areas. Aim to put that brow fill in the brow gap using very short strokes. Also remember this is a lightly pigmented brow stain. It doesn’t add texture. The goal of this pen is so that it stains skin so brow gaps disappear. *Read more about the Roller Brow Defining Pen here.
- After you’ve applied your brow fill color, blend the liquid brow stain through your brows using the built-in spoolie brush on the other end of the Roller Brow Defining Pen. Blending the brow fill with the spoolie brush ensures that there are no harsh lines and instead there is a seamless, natural application.
- Optional Step. For very thin, barely-there brows or if you’d like to amp up the drama of the brows when doing a level 2 or 3 makeup look, apply our Brow Ink or the Brow Tint with Fibers. Either of these products will add volume, dimension, color, and fullness.
- At night, we wash our face again and then use Genuist Beauty’s Roller Brow (a brow derma roller with brow enhancing serum) 3 to 4 times a week to rejuvenate the brows. The Roller Brow combines the power of skin needling with a power-packed, effective, brow enhancing serum made with natural ingredients that stimulates the hair growth cycle. With routine use (three to four times a week), Roller Brow addresses brow hair damage through this groundbreaking brow micro needling tool and serum in one. Learn more here.
- The Roller Brow Defining Pen comes in 4 natural-looking, gorgeous brow shades. Just be sure to opt for a shade that best aligns with your hair color.
- For more natural looking brows (which we prefer at Authentic Beauty), light strokes are best for filling in your eyebrows.
- Remember less is more. When filling in your brows, it is always wise to start light and add more brow fill color as needed later. Then, add more brow fill based on your makeup look (level 1 2 or 3).
- Use your spoolie brush once you have applied your brow fill color to blend the color into your brows, making them look natural and put together. (No harsh lines for us.)
- Our brow tint (brow dye) service at Authentic Beauty involves adding color to the brows in the studio so you can see the hair that is growing back during the brow rehab process. When new hair comes in, we get baby fine hair growing in and over time those hairs usually will thicken. So, we add color to those baby fine, light or translucent hairs that are growing back in.